November 18, 2015 – The University of Notre Dame has announced the top six student-created tours as part of their VisitND Challenge. The competition, which kicked off on September 16, asked for Notre Dame students to create new mobile campus tours based around a theme.
From numerous concept proposals, ten teams were selected to actually build their tours within the Notre Dame app. From those ten, the judging committee of the VisitND Challenge has chosen the top six tours for eligibility to win the Challenge. These tours are now live in in the ND Mobile app and Notre Dame is asking for feedback from the public to help determine the overall winner. You can visit the tours and provide feedback in Notre Dame’s mobile app (downloadable from the iOS app and Google Play stores).
The top six tours are:
- Notable Notre Dame People – Created by Erin Aucar, Joseph Driano and Alexander Hansen
- Notre Dame History –Created by Kevin Wilkins and Ryan Sweeney
- Campus Pilgrimage – Created by Brogan Ryan, C.S.C.; Brendan Ryan, C.S.C.; and Stephen Barany, C.S.C.
- Dorm Life – Created by Conor Triplett, Katie Santanello and Patrick Tingleff
- The uNDiscovered Tour –Created by Nicholas Carroll, Mati Nemera and Connor Tomshack
- Secrets of Notre Dame – Created by Jennifer Lardner, Laura Shute, Gillian Shaw, Rebecca Shute and Paul Mahony
On December 1st, the top three tours will then be awarded prizes, with an additional Modo Labs special award given to the finalist chosen by Modo Labs for the best use of their platform.
Learn more about the kick-off of the competition: “Notre Dame’s “VisitND Challenge” Kicks Off.”
Additional information about the challenge can be found on the Notre Dame site.
The Challenge is sponsored by Notre Dame’s Office of the Executive Vice President, SAP, Innovation Park, Modo Labs and the Office of Information Technologies.
We’ll continue to provide updates leading up to the announcement of the winner.
BACK TO BLOG