Mobile has revolutionized the way students engage, completely transforming today’s campus experience from what it was just a few years ago. Through Modo Campus, providing a personalized campus experience, that’s relevant to all audiences, has never been easier! Let’s face it, keeping students and the broader campus community engaged by providing always-on access to a dynamic set of resources and information is the path to creating a vibrant, active community. But what is the latest mobile strategy that creates even deeper engagement? Introducing: Modo Marketplace™!
The Rise of Mobile Commerce
Already nearly half of all e-commerce transactions take place on a mobile device. For students, that number is only higher — and climbing! It’s never been more apparent that commerce is a leading engagement driver, but the options for integrated m-commerce, campus solutions is extremely limited.
Of course, m-commerce increases mobile engagement, but it also opens the door for other opportunities like:
- Electronic tickets and registration for campus events
- Mobile money transfers between students, organizations, and departments
- Digital content purchases and delivery
- Your campus card stored within your mobile device
- Contactless payments and in-app payments
- Location-based commercial services
- Rewards and coupons to incentivize event and campus engagement
Mobile Commerce within Modo Marketplace
Offering a mobile commerce solution for students is no longer a nice-to-have, but a need-to-have. For universities looking to offer a unified and convenient commercial experience for students, integrating more of their students’ transactions via their smartphone is the next logical step.
At Modo, we’re committed to developing new mobile applications that deepen the level of campus engagement, empowering students and universities through safe and easily accessible branded experiences. Which is exactly why we’ve launched the new Modo Marketplace, a secure, fully integrated marketplace that facilitates all the commercial activities of student-life.
Modo Marketplace has been built to serve nearly every stakeholder on campus:
- It is the first unified mobile campus platform that creates a sharing economy for students to buy, sell, and communicate between each other
- Student organizations and university administrators can collect and track transactions around membership dues, promote events, tickets, branded merchandise, and general items for sale.
- Campus bookstores can utilize a marketplace to promote sales, drive foot traffic, sell certified refurbished and existing inventory.
- University departments can create storefronts to sell items directly to students
Through enterprise-grade security and a PCI compliant payment gateway, Modo Marketplace will enable your campus to ride the wave of M-commerce and create a truly unified and seamless mobile experience for students and the broader campus community.
Visit modolabs.com/marketplace/ for more information.BACK TO BLOG