We are looking for a talented technical writer to lead and create a cohesive, comprehensive, and standardized product documentation library for both internal and customer use. In addition, this role will provide technical language to internal, customer-facing, and public product messaging resources published by the company.
You will be a core part of the Product Marketing team, reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing and working closely with departments including Marketing, Sales, Services, Customer Success, and others to create resources that don’t just speak to what the product does, but effectively communicate what is possible. The scale and flexibility of our products mean that understanding the what, how, and why of our product is critical to both acquiring and retaining customers, and effective technical documentation is a key component to accelerating the company’s growth.
- Develop, execute, and maintain a holistic documentation strategy that encompasses all aspects of the product, and includes resources for both internal and customer audiences that accelerate everyone from novice to power users
- Work with the Marketing team to provide product documentation, program and website content, sales enablement tools, and related resources to the Sales team
- Create and direct the creation of product documentation tools that go beyond traditional documentation and use the best medium(s) for the subject matter, including videos, guided tours, and other techniques
- Manage updates, pruning, and evolution of documentation as the product evolves
- Learn complex concepts and communicate them in a way that is engaging, understandable, and connects each topic to the larger picture
- Ability to translate highly technical topics for non-technical audiences
- Work with the Customer Enablement team to ensure documentation supports and better enables existing training resources
- Gather customer and internal feedback and metrics on documentation, using that data to improve usability
- Edit documentation created by others to maintain consistency and quality
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Strong written, production, and technical editing skills; exceptional attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to reach out to subject matter experts and find answers from across the organization
- Drive to create documentation that truly impacts how the customer is able to connect with and leverage the product to meet their needs
- Experience creating technical product documentation in multiple mediums
- Experience working with both colleagues and customers, especially those with non-technical backgrounds, to clearly communicate often-complex concepts clearly
- Familiarity and comfort with structured data and presentation formats including JSON and JWT, XML, HTML, and CSS
- Portfolio of technical documentation experience covering multiple mediums and subjects
- Experience with Freshdesk or a like customer support tool
- Experience with SaaS platforms
- Experience in the higher education or commercial enterprise industries
Modo Labs, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Back to Jobs