At Modo Labs, we are accelerating the path to a unified and unique mobile strategy for enterprise and higher ed institutions. It is our vision, technology, and drive that sets us apart from others when it comes to engaging employees and students in a hyper personalized way. We harness technology to enhance experiences and deepen connections between app users and their community.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the continental US. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
As a Technical Program Manager (Software), you will be responsible for managing software-centric programs with hands-on contribution as well as coordination across multiple disciplines and functional groups. You will need to be able to identify and lead areas requiring continuous improvements for programs involving software. You will work with internal teams to define requirements and schedules. In this position, it is crucial that you communicate and work effectively with our teams and clients.
For this role, you need to be organized and actively participate in managing software engineering programs to define and drive the execution of the development roadmap. While working on programs, you will need to monitor schedules, risks, and simultaneously be the driving force that will lead activities to meet program goals and deadlines. You will be in charge of organizing program planning, weekly meetings, reports, and presentations as well as improving processes to help identify and mitigate program issues and risks. You will shepherd industry-defining programs from conception to delivery.
- Manage software development projects and act as a gatekeeper to new initiatives
- Write technical requirements
- Review code- uncovering issues and resolving, removing bottlenecks
- Determine and reinforce best practices
- Provide direction to the development team on critical challenges (e.g., trade-off analysis, caching strategies, performance improvements)
- Evaluate third party APIs for possible integration
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- 5+ years of Program-, Product-, or Project Management work experience in a Software Engineering-related role
- Deep understanding of program deliverables and schedule management for software development life cycle: a broad understanding of cross-functional team member roles, responsibilities, and deliverables- experience and consistent track record leading and shipping multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience driving and delivering critical project features which involve integration with multiple remote teams
- Has the ability to foresee how design and development decisions may have downstream effects on implementation and maintenance
- Solid knowledge of software development practices including database design
- Experience with AWS and/or serverless technologies
- Working knowledge of Typescript and Express.js/Node.js
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Modo Labs, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Back to Jobs