At Modo Labs, we are accelerating the path to a unified and unique mobile strategy for enterprise and higher education institutions. It is our vision, technology, and drive that sets us apart from others when it comes to engaging employees and students in a hyper personalized way.
As a member of our DevOps team you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining our cloud infrastructure as we expand our SaaS offerings. Your strong Linux and networking skills will be used on a daily basis to configure, tune, update, and troubleshoot hardware and software on our AWS stack. You’ll be joining a dynamic team that works hand-in-hand with engineering to create and maintain our platform. You value open collaboration, have a strong desire to learn, and are excited to pick up new skills and technologies. You like to share your knowledge with others and are willing to ask for help in return. You enjoy solving difficult problems, and make use of metrics, monitoring, and testing to help you understand the inner workings of a system.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Occasionally serve as escalation IT support in a MacOS/Windows desktop environment.
- Proven working experience with systems administration UNIX/Linux based environments (preferably RedHat/CentOS).
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Proven work experience with cloud services, preferably in AWS.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- A solid grasp of networking fundamentals.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work independently.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX).
- Curiosity, critical thinking, and an interest in solving unexpected challenges.
- Database experience (primarily PostgreSQL but we also use MongoDB, Redis).
Modo Labs, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Back to Jobs