Senior Product Designer
Modo Labs, a leading mobile-software company based in Cambridge, is looking for a Senior Product Designer to work on improving the UI and UX across the breadth of our product offering.
Your focus will be on the mobile-first end-user experience, evolving our existing pattern-based, adaptive design language and helping create new user experiences built from those patterns. As a senior member of the team, you’ll have also have the opportunity to contribute to other areas of our product offering and go-to-market design work. Your work will be an essential part of improving the day-to-day lives of millions of users at hundreds of organizations around the world.
This is an exceptional opportunity to have an outsized impact as a design leader. You’ll be a key part of a small design team working on high-visibility initiatives in a successful, well-funded, growing startup. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment where you’ll be challenged to learn a lot, embrace complexity, think holistically, share and contribute on many levels, and play an important role in building something amazing.
- Modernize the look-and-feel of our pattern-based multi-platform UI framework
- Synthesize requirements from existing functionality, customer input, brainstormed ideas, and direction from senior management
- Develop user flows, wireframes, specifications/documentation, and prototypes
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and accessibility testing
- Work closely with our engineering team through implementation, testing, documentation, and release
- Help promote best practices in design, usability, and accessibility across the company and our community
- 6+ years of experience as a professional designer
- Experience leading UX and UI design for mobile apps and web applications
- A portfolio demonstrating intelligent pattern- and system-based approaches to complex design challenges
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility principles
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS, and familiarity with software development concepts and processes (e.g., version control, ticketing systems, Agile methodology). We don’t want you to moonlight as a front-end developer, but you need to know enough to design honestly and work effectively with software engineers.
You may be right for this role if:
- You’re undaunted by steep learning curves and unfazed by complexity.
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate. You’re a team player whom people trust.
- You’re a great verbal, written, and visual communicator.
- You want to be part of a diverse, collaborative, multidisciplinary team.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cambridge, MA (on-site preferred)
Required education: Bachelor’s+
Required experience: UX design: 6+ years
Modo Labs spun out of MIT in 2010 and has built a strong, growing business with some of the most prestigious customers in the world. We’re hiring in nearly all our teams, and are looking for smart, creative, collaborative people to be a part of that growth.
Modo Labs, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Back to Jobs