We’re looking for Sr. Accountant/Financial Analyst to join our Finance/Accounting team. The Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst will be a member of a small, agile, focused Accounting and Finance team, and will work closely and in collaboration on a day-to-day basis with the Sr. Corporate Controller and, as projects may require, directly with the CFO.
You will be responsible for contributing to the timely and accurate completion of month end close, monthly financial transaction processing, audit-related and process improvement activities, as well as ad hoc projects for the CFO, Sr. Corporate Controller and Company.
- Participate in month-end close activities and ensure compliance with monthly close calendar. Activities include but not limited to prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for assigned general ledger accounts in a thoughtful, easy to understand manner.
- Responsible for AP and AR processes, including Billing/Collections, Vendor Payments, T&E review.
- Analyze fluctuations between forecast and actual results and prepare supporting documentation to be used in Management meetings.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly financial statements/models, management reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Assist in annual audit and prepare audit schedules as necessary.
- Proactively identify issues causing inefficiencies and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes, including cross-accounting system integration and automation.
- Be instrumental in improving the Accounting close process and other accounting process flows.Resolve and / or mediate the resolution of accounting system related problems and requests.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist Sr. Corporate Controller in research of accounting literature and drafting technical memos.
- Complete special projects for CFO and Sr. Corporate Controller, as may be required
- BA or BS degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 5+ years of related experience, preferably in high tech industry, fast growing, dynamic, multinational environment, and public firm experience is a plus.
- CPA license preferred.
- Strong Excel skills are essential; experience with Intacct is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP. Working knowledge of IFRS is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting principles and their application as well as a demonstrated ability to apply these in the business context.
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, customer oriented, possess excellent analytical abilities, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and can work effectively across functional areas.
- Self-starter, high availability, driven with minimum supervision, ability to work under pressure, meet fixed deadlines and thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment.
- Flexibility to navigate a fluid and fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks to consistently meet fixed deadlines and ad hoc requirements from time to time.
Modo Labs, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Back to Jobs