At Modo Labs, we are accelerating the path to a unified and unique mobile strategy for enterprise and higher ed institutions. It is our vision, technology, and drive that sets us apart from others when it comes to engaging employees and students in a hyper personalized way. We harness technology to enhance experiences and deepen connections between app users and their community.
As a founding member of the People team you will wear many hats as we build the frameworks and infrastructure that will span across the organization. One day you may be working on recruiting efforts and another working on a new engagement initiative. You will be responsible for various people programs where you’ll help foster a productive and inclusive working environment and ensure the needs of the employees are met. You have great attention to detail and a strong people-centric focus. In addition, you’re curious, have a systems/process mindset, a great sense of urgency, strong organizational skills, and keeping in mind the experience and expectations of our employees.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the continental US. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Recruiting: Assist hiring managers with developing job descriptions, recruiting, interviewing, and the logistics in hiring for open positions;
- Onboarding: Responsible for the new hire experience including working side-by-side with managers in developing the onboarding plan, scheduling logistics and attendance for various training sessions. Be the point of contact for new hires.
- Day-to-Day: Be the first point of contact for employees answering a wide variety of questions within the HR wheelhouse.
- Systems: Owner of all employee data hygiene including regular audits.
- Process Improvement: Always looking for opportunities to improve processes around the organization and have a sense of urgency to act upon them.
- Engagement: Partner with VP of People on Employee Engagement programs, including planning, execution, and facilitation of company-wide events, awards, and initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- 5+ years applicable HR experience.
- Consistently act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to maintain data with 100% accuracy.
- Proficiency in benefits administration; support employee with daily questions and ability to analyze benefit options for annual renewal.
- Experience implementing HRIS enterprise platforms.
- Extreme comfort working in ambiguity as we build the frameworks from scratch.
- Strong knowledge of US employment law.
- Experience with G Suite.
- Previous experience working remotely and comfortable collaborating within a hybrid work environment.
Modo Labs, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Back to Jobs