Modo Labs is hiring a Director of HR to support our growth requirements. This position will be located in our Cambridge headquarters.
As Director of HR, you will define and lead Modo Labs’ human resources function, supporting the company’s rapid growth and expansion in all HR matters. You wil be responsible for evaluating Modo’s existing HR policies and practices and for defining, developing, and implementing scalable, enhanced HR policies and processes to support all Modo Labs employees and managers at all company sites. You will also lead Modo Labs’ talent management function, managing recruitment of technical and non-technical staff in support of Modo’s rapid growth.
We are seeking an experienced and talented professional who has the vision to build the human resources and talent management functions to support Modo Labs’ growth for the next several years and the passion and energy to roll-up your sleeves to get the job done. You will be both a manager and an individual contributor initially, with the ability to build an HR and recruiting team that can scale to meet requirements as the company grows over time. You will report to the CFO of Modo Labs.
- Review, develop and implement HR policies and provide guidance on the policies and workplace best practices to Modo Labs management and employees.
- Manage full life-cycle recruitment, working with hiring managers and within their budgets to effectively meet recruitment targets.
- Oversee all employee transition activities including on-boarding and off-boarding, promotions, transfers, and other employee life-cycle related activities. Collaborate with colleagues in IT, facilities, and finance to ensure new or transferring Modo employees have an efficient and productive work environment.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Benchmark compensation and manage the annual increase and bonus payout processes and provide guidance on compensation for promotions.
- Address employee concerns when they arise and resolve both simple and complex employee relations issues, using solid business acumen and judgment, knowing when to escalate issues to management for advice and guidance.
- Research, propose, develop, and implement employee benefits programs and manage the annual open enrollment process.
- Provide HR data analyses and reports to inform on functional performance against KPIs and recommend improvements to processes.
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years in Human Resources management
- 5+ years of experience in recruitment and talent management in within a startup or high-tech environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with staff at all levels and to deal with confidential information and all employee matters with diplomacy and discretion.
- Strong experience in HR policy and process development and implementation
- Strong experience in developing and implementing an employee performance policy
- Strong experience in benefits and compensation management
- Strong experience in talent acquisition and talent management
- Strong knowledge and experience with the employment laws in the US
- BA required, MA in Organization Development desired.
- International experience would be a plus
Modo Labs, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Back to Jobs