Do you want to be part of the next big thing and have fun doing it? Our employees believe in the power of mobile to improve the way people live and work. At Modo Labs, we hire exceptional, self-motivated people who are determined to grow and contribute to our success. If this sounds good to you, come talk to us.
Modo Labs, a leading mobile-software startup based in Cambridge, is looking for a Senior UX Designer to work on improving the user experience across the breadth of our product offering. While your focus will be on the mobile-first end-user experience, you’ll have also have the opportunity to contribute to the authoring, messaging, and analytics tools that our customers user to create and manage those end-user experiences.
• Synthesize requirements from existing functionality, customer input, brainstormed ideas, and direction from senior management
• Develop user flows, wireframes, specifications/documentation, and prototypes
• Conduct user testing and accessibility testing
• Work closely with our engineering team through implementation, testing, documentation, and release
• Help promote best practices in design, usability, and accessibility within the design and engineering teams and across the company
• 6+ years of experience as a professional designer
• Experience leading UX and UI design for highly functional mobile apps and web applications
• A portfolio demonstrating intelligent pattern- and system-based approaches to complex design challenges
• Strong understanding of usability and accessibility principles
You may be right for this role if:
• You’re undaunted by steep learning curves and unfazed by complexity.
• You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate. You’re a team player whom people trust.
• You’re a great verbal, written, and visual communicator.
• You want to be part of a diverse, collegial, multidisciplinary team.
Modo Labs spun out of MIT seven years ago and has built a healthy, growing business with some of the most prestigious customers in the world. We’re growing in nearly all our teams, and are looking for smart, creative, collaborative people to be a part of that growth.
At Modo Labs, we are accelerating the path to a unified and unique mobile strategy for higher education institutions. It is our vision, technology, and drive that sets us apart from others when it comes to engaging employees or students in a new, relevant, and real-time way. We harness technology to enhance experiences, deepening the connections between students, employees and their community.
What will you get out of your career at Modo Labs?
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic Account Executive. Does this sound like you?
Based out of Cambridge, MA, or major metro area in the Central U.S (Chicago, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Dallas, Cincinnati) the Account Executive will be responsible for leading an important territory and executing sales that will accelerate growth in this key market. Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with marketing, product, customer success, services, design and management will be critical to the success of this role.
Modo Labs is looking for a top performing software sales representative with demonstrated experience selling software and technology solutions to the Education market. We are a venture-backed company with significant opportunities for growth, and a known market leader in employee engagement and mobile campus solutions.
Modo Labs has built a variety of cloud hosted Software as a Service (SaaS) applications to support and complement our existing Mobile Campus products. They are built primarily on Ruby on Rails using RESTful APIs and a service-oriented architecture, and we are looking for an experienced engineer to join the team that designs, builds, and maintains this architecture.
You value open collaboration, have a strong desire to learn, and are excited to pick up new skills and technologies. You like to share your knowledge with others and are willing to ask for help in return. You enjoy solving difficult problems, and make use of metrics, monitoring, and testing to help you understand the inner workings of a system. You’re excited to work closely with people throughout the organization, from close teammates to members of ops, UX designers, and service team members.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and provide a new MacBook Pro for you to use. We believe in creating a good work/life balance, and offer an open, collaborative, and happy workplace. Several food truck options are available every day of the week.
Modo Labs is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We require that you work on-site, in our newly designed office space complete with multiple break out spaces, lounge area, games, snacks, and fitness center.
Location (On-site Required):
Webinar: How to Unify the Office Relocation ExperienceRegister Today